Sorry I’ve been out of touch for a while, and I feel comfortable enough with you where I can tell you whats been going on with me.
I just got out of plastic rehab. I couldn’t stop ‘suckin tha plastic,’ you know the kind that looks like a prehistoric barrette? As a dyke, the urge is so strong to just latch on to any kind of plastic, it was affecting my work and home life- so I had to take a step back.
So far so good, I’m just going to take it one day at a time.
This was literally written for me above where I keep my tools, but I don’t even need to go into it. When the worst thing someone can call me is actually one of my main sources of pride- I think I’m doing OK.
A friend of mine told me that she recently showed a new guy friend of hers my blog. After they read a little together, he turned and said to her “she sounds scary.” I am noticing a pattern happening with some men lately, (and by some men I mean the guys who are literally named “moneyman” and like “freedomformen” or whatever on twitter/tumblr) where they are so outraged by this blog. How is it exactly that you look at this blog, read the stories, look at the photos, and your biggest concern is male safety or men being photographed unknowingly? Is it really not upsetting to see how rude, aggressive or disgusting these men are being? Or how women and queers are undermined, talked down to or ignored constantly? When you see a photo of a man (clearly addicted to comfort) in public taking up as much space as possible at every one’s expense, where do you have to go mentally to feel protective of his thoughtlessness?
Why when you read a blog sharing the deranged experiences of a queer woman in a male dominated industry are you not actually furious about what the men say or how they treat/talk about women? It’s an interesting phenomenon- metaphorically it reminds me of a car hitting a pedestrian, and then the driver going outside to see if the car is OK.
Get outraged at the right stuff men. Am I too 2012? Is asking to live in a world where women are treated well and respected way too fast forward? Do I need to say things in a baby voice while giving my defensive male readers a massage in order to be heard?
- bananapeppers likes this
- watchoutsally likes this
- deeplezstonerwitch reblogged this from amanaday
- heatdiesel reblogged this from amanaday
- micamouse likes this
- mr-charming reblogged this from amanaday
- mr-charming likes this
- areyouf-ingserious reblogged this from amanaday and added:
- canifreeformthis likes this
- deeplezstonerwitch likes this
- valentine-wiggintemp reblogged this from amanaday and added:
- breezycheezy likes this
- aarecords likes this
- alkhe reblogged this from amanaday and added:
- alkhe said: A few years ago I had an online dating profile, which I showed to my (male) friend – he laughed and said yeah, that’s you to a t He showed it to one of his friends, who was mortified at how much of a “dick shrivelling bitch” I was.
- amanaday posted this